Sunday 19 June 2011

HOT BATH: Why I loved Bath's Love Food Festival

It was great to see so many people turning out for Bath's Love Food Festival.

It would have been easy to just stay in and stay dry, but clearly there are plenty of people with a passion for good food because despite the downpours Green Park Station was buzzing.

I had been looking forward to the festival for some time, and I wasn't disappointed.

The range of stalls on offer was very good, selling everything from boxes pre-packed by Chilli Elephant with hard-to-come-by exotic herbs and spices and recipe cards to help recreate tasty South East Asian recipes at home, to tasty British made chorizo by The Bath Pig used by Raymond Blanc in his dishes at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons, to cakes and pastries, fresh fruit and veg, cheese, tasty sauces and marinades, a dazzling array of herbs and wine in interesting and refreshing flavours such as lemon and ginger.

Yes, there was plenty to suit every palette, and at the end of the day I walked home with a bag bulging with goodies, and more due to be delivered, and I'm certain there were plenty more people like me.

Not only was the food on offer really great, but the thing that I really loved about the festival was the chance to speak to stallholders who had a genuine passion and belief in their products.

I firmly believe that food cooked with love tastes better, and now I also believe that food produced with love also tastes better.

No comments:

Post a Comment